Small boat needed

freddo

Small boat needed

Post by freddo »

I am looking to borrow a small boat or sturdy dingy I could borrow so that I can get in to my house which is surrounded by over a metre of water I need to get in to start clearing the water out
Please
freddo

Re: Small boat needed SORTED THANKS

Post by freddo »

ALL SORTED NOW THANKS
Marian

Re: Small boat needed

Post by Marian »

Freddo, I’m sorry to hear this, how badly affected is your place? ...

Marian
freddo

Post by freddo »

Very bad Marion they have so far recovered over 750 drowned animals in the area, my house was under 4 feet of water when they opened the dam before it was about 2 feet awash, my 2 cars are ruined. The dam should have been opened slowly but was just opened wide as there were fears that Crevillete would have been swept away,the situation is being made worse by water being pumped into a stream that borders our property and that is blocked somewhere downstream of us so that overflowed and flooded the land surrounding, needs the stream to be opened but I guess someone closed it to keep it flowing on to their land, the canals are empty now so they should pump the water into them
The whole area is stinking and all the mosquitos are hatching there are millions of them
But we are now faced with the job of trying to clean all the horrible green algae where they are hatching from not a nice job, would be nice if the Army were here
I am now walking through the water wearing a pair of waders a kind person has lent me
Marian

Post by Marian »

That’s absolutely awful news... I truly hope you can clear up the mess! Keep us informed of your progress please.

Marian
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Can your insurance company not help Fred?
freddo

Post by freddo »

Only with the House and car Jefe but once the water goes down I will get help to clear all the mess away