same old.

BEWARE THIS FORUM MAY OFFEND, DO NOT READ POSTS HERE IF YOU THINK THAT YOU MAY BE OFFENDED
This is a forum where you can have good hearted humorous exchanges. It will be moderated only for language and breaking of forum rules.
George

Re: same old.

Post by George »

Marian wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 am Please name those 6,and then add some more..

Negativity does this Forum no favours, please try posting something positive.. you might like it 😁

Marian
In fairness Marian, someone blamed me for the lack of posters and no new new members, so after a month away, I see no new posters and the same posters with the same attitude.

Even having a go at baiting me even though I was not posting, so started calling crummy me, along with the usual kok comments, that apart from 3 everybody else us bored with and none other than those 3 find it funny.

Sadly it will not move on whilst that continues and the proof us in the number of posters. It is a valid point that should be discussed, yet he is attacked.
Perhaps those that attack care to answer his question or us the attack the real answer to why,

As for regular posters, and I mean regular perhaps just 5 or 6 posts a week is it as many as 6 even.

Dr Doolittle has approached it incorrectly but makes a valid point that if the forum is to move on needs to be addressed, unless the forum is just meant to be for the handful of regulars it has.

If an outsider looked in in the last month would they be encouraged to join by reading the vitriol of members against another (despite one calling it banter but the other is certainly not banter.

What strategy does the owner have to gain or encourage new membership.
Are general forums now outdated unless it has a particular purpose, like tradesmen or mumsnet or conspiracies.

Just trying to discuss the point raised.
Last edited by George on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marian

Post by Marian »

dr.doolittle wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:25 am What like word games, or letter swop etc, wake up ans see who have moved on to other forums, where have Annabell, Pete, Fred, Barnsley Lass, Brandyboy gone to name just a few.
Fred is still here.. I’m assuming you mean Freddo?
Barnsleylass is still here..
Brandyboy will never be here...
Annabell, I’m guessing has moved on..
Pete?

I personally don’t do any of the word games, my choice...

Currently
Jefe
Rocker
Marian
Graham
Paul
KoK
Stowie
Freddo..

Do I need to keep posting anymore current users, but there are...apologies for those I didn’t mention...

Check your negativity and do something positive...for a change... you might feel better for it... hth

Marian
Paulwps2

Post by Paulwps2 »

Marian wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:58 am
dr.doolittle wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:25 am What like word games, or letter swop etc, wake up ans see who have moved on to other forums, where have Annabell, Pete, Fred, Barnsley Lass, Brandyboy gone to name just a few.
Fred is still here.. I’m assuming you mean Freddo?
Barnsleylass is still here..
Brandyboy will never be here...
Annabell, I’m guessing has moved on..
Pete?

I personally don’t do any of the word games, my choice...

Currently
Jefe
Rocker
Marian
Graham
Paul
KoK
Stowie
Freddo..

Do I need to keep posting anymore current users, but there are...apologies for those I didn’t mention...

Check your negativity and do something positive...for a change... you might feel better for it... hth

Marian
:that: :that:

Dr doolittle, try a positive comment, not that you post much !
IF have are a loyal member of the forum, post something helpful.
Marian

Post by Marian »

George wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:56 am
Marian wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 am Please name those 6,and then add some more..

Negativity does this Forum no favours, please try posting something positive.. you might like it 😁

Marian
In fairness Marian, someone blamed me for the lack of posters and no new new members, so after a month away, I see no new posters and the same posters with the same attitude. this is being addressed, but we have had a new Member, who is active..

Even having a go at baiting me even though I was not posting, so started calling crummy me, along with the usual kok comments, that apart from 3 everybody else us bored with and none other than those 3 find it funny. Again, this is being addressed.

Sadly it will not move on whilst that continues and the proof us in the number of posters. It is a valid point that should be discussed, yet he is attacked. i don’t think attacked is the correct word, certainly not by me...
Perhaps those that attack care to answer his question or us the attack the real answer to why, yes please.

As for regular posters, and I mean regular perhaps just 5 or 6 posts a week is it as many as 6 even. i disagree.

Dr Doolittle has approached it incorrectly but makes a valid point that if the forum is to move on needs to be addressed, unless the forum is just meant to be for the handful of regulars it has. Jefe?

If an outsider looked in in the last month would they be encouraged to join by reading the vitriol of members against another (despite one calling it banter but the other is certainly not banter. I agree probably not

What strategy does the owner have to gain or encourage new membership. Jefe?
Are general forums now outdated unless it has a particular purpose, like tradesmen or mumsnet or conspiracies.

Just trying to discuss the point raised. please continue to do so, as I hope others will, with positivity...
Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

George wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:56 am

Marian
In fairness Marian, someone blamed me for the lack of posters and no new new members, so after a month away, I see no new posters and the same posters with the same attitude..

Wake up George. They are new members of the forum that have joined during your ( welcome ) absence.

Even having a go at baiting me even though I was not posting, so started calling crummy me, along with the usual kok comments, that apart from 3 everybody else us bored with and none other than those 3 find it funny.

Well , I know you're not referring to me , but you came back after a month, and as per usual, dragged up a post , on an old thread - just to cause mischief ..nothing new there .

Sadly it will not move on whilst that continues and the proof us in the number of posters. It is a valid point that should be discussed, yet he is attacked.
Perhaps those that attack care to answer his question or us the attack the real answer to why,

He wasn't attacked... his negativity was pointed out to him.

As for regular posters, and I mean regular perhaps just 5 or 6 posts a week is it as many as 6 even.

The regular posters , post more than 6 posts a day .

Dr Doolittle has approached it incorrectly but makes a valid point that if the forum is to move on needs to be addressed, unless the forum is just meant to be for the handful of regulars it has.

If the forum is outdated ... why not disappear again ???
Always look on the bright side of life.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

I don't know where Annabel and Peter post these days but they seem to be on FB a lot. Anyone can login here with their existing FB account - it took me ages to set up.
I think Colleen is still here and as for Bb, the less said the better, although I suspect he has sneaked back again. He is obsessed by this place.
Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

Sent you a p.m. Jefe.
Always look on the bright side of life.
Rockerbilly

Post by Rockerbilly »

Should change his name to drPostlittle
George

Post by George »

I posed some questions to try and he helpful.

Marian took time to answer.

Graham knights response was not to read it correctly, as usual, and his response perhaps sums up why there are perceived failings and a lack of other posters.

If the forum is outdated ... why not disappear again ???

I asked if they were.

I disappeared, what changed, nothing, still kok,kok,kok, still Bernie insulting those with a different view.

HoseB tried to keep the forum respectable, but was hounded off by those whom showed no respect or care for the forum or its rules.

Again I have tried to raise questions to help a discussion that may help move the forum forward, that is what needs answering as opposed to the usual responses from the usual subjects.

Ask yourself the question, Will those who post little be thinking about posting more if the replies to Dr dolittle are anything to go by.
George

Post by George »

For Marian and GK.

I defined a regular poster as someone who posts 5 or 6 a week, not as GK read it in had s response italics below:

The regular posters , post more than 6 posts a day .

Regular users is different to regular posters.

So how many posters are there that regularly post at least 6 times a week, I make it about 7.

For all.
More are needed, so what has to happen to get more.