Jamie Oliver

Chat away in here about (almost) anything. Less heavily moderated than the other sections.
Marian

Jamie Oliver

Post by Marian »

Now that’s a turn up for the books! Jamie Oliver’s Restaurant chain goes bust.... I thought he was an institution, but didn’t something similar happen to Anthony Worrell Thompson too..... Maybe a sign of the times....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... risk.htmls ...

Marian
derekbroad

Re: Jamie Oliver

Post by derekbroad »

It´s a tough business and many people want to shoot down the likes of Oliver and Ramsay.
His parents have the most fantastic restaurant at Clavering in Essex,not far from Stansted, they do very well indeed, the type of place where you go and want everything on the menu. They have some excellent accommodation too.
I think Jamie just overstretched himself, every penny matters in catering.
Carlsberg, probably the worst password in the World.
Bettyboop

Post by Bettyboop »

I think he's an asshole, he must have known for a long time and then just got rid of them with 30 mins warning. Terrible. His food was crap too.
Marian

Post by Marian »

Well that’s your opinion as to being an asshole.. not mine.. I assume you have tasted his food to make such judgement...

Marian
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

I also don´t think Jamie Oliver is an asshole. A bad business man but not an asshole.
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

He is not only a bad businessman he is very hypocritical in what he says as opposed to what he does.
And what sort of father names his children
Poppy Honey Rosie Oliver
Petal Blossom Rainbow Oliver
River Rocket Blue Dallas
Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver
Daisy Boo Pamela Oliver.
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

I'll ask my son, Strongbow and my daughter, Gintonica and I'll get back to you, Kinchy.
Marian

Post by Marian »

He can name his children whatever he and his wife chose too, it’s got nothing to do with his business acumen, or lack of.....

Marian
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

Of course he can call them what he wants, and I can say those names are stupid and question why any parent would inflict such so called names on their children. I would wager that when they are old enough they will want to know why such stupid names because he wanted to appear different. He was thinking about himself more than the children.
And no matter what else he has courted controversy and been extremely hypocritical in the past operating differently to what he preaches.
freddo

Post by freddo »

Only a few months ago he put 13 million into the business to keep it afloat.
Still has another 75 or so restaurants abroad so not doing too badly