She can ..or might not ..!!

Anything that needs some thought before replying should go in here.
crummy

Re: She can ..or might not ..!!

Post by crummy »

...and for those who keep saying this is not the Brexit they voted for... the General Election was held.. everyone knew who was in charge, they knew who would be negotiating and they voted for the Tories as the best bet...it was a democratic vote, in full knowledge of who would be doing the deals...

Only those who wanted pie in the sky are grumbling...

... now some people are throwing their toys out of their prams because they personally are not getting the pipe dream they wanted but are getting what can be politically, legally and fairly obtained under former agreements arrangements.

.. surely no one could have thought the UK could just pull out of Europe unilaterally, tell Europe to get stuffed and then expect better trade deals than those still in Europe?

But then again.....

.. :wall:
It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.
I am Juan 2

Post by I am Juan 2 »

derekbroad wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 am It lays at the door of all those MPs who are following THEIR conscience and not the wishes of the majority of their constituents.
It lays at the door of all those who have not accepted the result of a referendum in which we all had our say.
Which proves that people who voted out didn't all agree what out meant or knew what they voted for.

Who says they haven't accepted it.
Some of the most prominent pre referendum brexiteers, Gove, Leadsom, Grayling have all supported the plan saying it delivers, others like Johnson, Davis, Mogg say it doesn't.

So which of those brexiteers are right. They can't both be therefore one group is frustrating it while the other is not, yet both accept the result.
Rockerbilly

Post by Rockerbilly »

crummy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm And that was the trouble...No one knew what they voted for... surely no one voted for this cock-up.. or did they?.. no one still knows how this will end up...

I think the UK should have stayed in and negotiated a better deal for the UK... after all Maggie did.. so it can be done.. we would have had none of this shambles, the UK was doing okay after the crash and Labour were trashed.. ... now look at this mess....

But as another vote will not happen, I think most people are sick of the whole business so let´s just stop whinging and get on with May´s deal, all pull together and move on...

:Goodpost:
Rockerbilly

Post by Rockerbilly »

Jefe 24/7 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 pm
Rockerbilly wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 pm Scrap the whole friggin lot and start again, this time let the people know the TRUTH
Which version of the truth would you like a vote on? Most of the so-called facts are based on hypothesis by "experts".
Farage and Boris, don’t make me larf.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Rockerbilly wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Jefe 24/7 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 pm
Rockerbilly wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 pm Scrap the whole friggin lot and start again, this time let the people know the TRUTH
Which version of the truth would you like a vote on? Most of the so-called facts are based on hypothesis by "experts".
Farage and Boris, don’t make me larf.
I didn't mention anybody. Neither side knows with any clarity what will happen in any given scenario, but they can make projections and assumptions - and that's all they are. This has never been attempted before. All i know is that after we do whatever we do, the sun will still rise and it we will here in Spain probably get to see it, unlike those in the UK. I blame the brexiteers for that as well.