Continue trade with Brunei?

Anything that needs some thought before replying should go in here.
Selhurst

Re: Continue trade with Brunei?

Post by Selhurst »

Isn’t occurring in nature the definition of natural?
Homosexuality may be distasteful to you, it’s not to me.
Because I say that something is intolerable without consent is does not necessarily follow that it is with it.
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

I find it offensive, watching a soap my wife likes there appears more gays in their 20s than normal men and women, I use the word normal deliberately, it's promotion.
A Birmingham school teacher teaching primary school children about lgbt is promotion.
The world needs to stop and think.
Homosexuality is wrong, promoting it above other people rights is also wrong.
Sacking a rugby player for expressing his beliefs is wrong.
And yet some want to tell them they are wrong but deny those others the same rights.
berniethebolt

Post by berniethebolt »

...how right that is...

The World needs to stop and think! Decide where our moral compass lies...We cannot just career ever onwards with liberal values..
...surely it is not a case of "Anything Goes"???
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

His sacking was confirmed over the weekend.
The committed Christian last week posted a banner on his Instagram account that read: "Drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators - Hell awaits you."
The post remains online and on Sunday the player said he was standing by "what the Bible says"

Noticeable only the homos made a fuss.
berniethebolt

Post by berniethebolt »

basically, he is saying that he believes drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators are wrong in their behaviours and beliefs, and that the endings for such as those may not be pleasant.
He is not threatening to hurt, kill or behead anybody, nor condemning their religion, nor refusing to engage with them in his life or his sport.

What is so wrong in saying "i think you are wrong"...,.

All of the above behaviours , except possibly for one, will be subject to various sanctions by Society,either for breaches in law, or by disapproval of one's peers.

Therefore they can be deemed wrong to some degree...but here we find one is not allowed to say it! Hypocricy!
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

He signed a contract in which he agreed to abide by a code of conduct. His social media comments breach that code. He was warned about it multiple times but continued. No-one is saying he is not allowed to hold those beliefs but he cannot maintain his contract while continuing to publicise them.
No doubt he can apply to an employment tribunal if he feels that is unfair treatment.
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

And if a code of conduct stated you cannot represent gay issues or state them in public it would be deemed an infringement of that persons rights and I would be certain it would not be allowed.
The opposite is true in this case. He cannot state his religious beliefs.
I maintain his rights are at a lower level than those who objected.
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

He signed the contract of employment.
As part of that he undertook to “treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, cultural or religious background, age or disability” and not to “use Social Media as a means to breach any of the expectations and requirements of you as a player contained in this Code”.
He didn’t have to sign the contract, which seems pretty reasonable to me, given Rugby Australia’s commitment that “any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination has no place in Rugby.”
If it is held to be unreasonable it can be overturned in an appeal.
berniethebolt

Post by berniethebolt »

..and now Billy Vunipola has been warned off by the RFU...

...this is England 2019...,land of free speech...freedom itself...

...more like England 1984!!!!
kinchy

Post by kinchy »

Neither of them have bullied or harassed the gay boys.
All they have done is expressed what their religion teachers them.
The bullying and harassment is against them.