Notre Dame

Anything that needs some thought before replying should go in here.
Graham Knight

Re: Notre Dame

Post by Graham Knight »

14 French churches have caught fire in recent weeks , and Notre Dame is an "accident".
Must be a bad case of internal combustion ?
Always look on the bright side of life.
berniethebolt

Post by berniethebolt »

My wife is a good Catholic, (contradiction in terms ?) loves to visit churches, and the first thing she does is light a candle.

Obviously doesn't work as I am still here..

However, Paris is only an hour away by plane, and she was gone for three hours on sunday...said she was going to Tesco!!

Its obvious, ....and she isn't even a Muslim......

......what to do, though......I need her pension...
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

kinchy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:18 pm In 2018, the Ministry of the Interior recorded 541 anti-Semitic acts, 100 anti-Muslim acts and 1063 anti-Christian acts.

Its make your mind up time, as I do not believe, as I have already stated, people attack their own.
Most French are non-religious, especially the young. Some of those acts of vandalism have already been shown to be the work of French teenagers. They have their vandals and graffiti “artists” just like us. Others have been shown to be the work of Romanians looking to steal items of value. According to the police, most are carried out by secular activists wanting to drive all religion out of France.
Where is the evidence that most/many/ some or even any have been carried out by Muslims? That is just your assumption.
Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

I'm pretty sure that French teenagers didn't set fire to 14 churches .
And the Romanians only want to steal artefacts.
So , by process of elimination ....that only leaves members of the "Religion of Peace" !
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

The stupidity of your posts astounds me and I won’t waste any more of my time trying to educate you.
Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

Please don't.
My sides are splitting with laughter already at your responses. I can't take anymore..I'll "P" myself .

lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
burrababa

Post by burrababa »

quasimodo notre dame fire.jpg
quasimodo notre dame fire.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
Marian

Post by Marian »

All this money that has been raised €750,000 million, I believe...... how about putting some of this money into humanitarian issues around the World? Just saying....

Marian
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

It’s a good question Marian when you see how much has been raised in such a short time, but this is not government or public money. These are private donations by Mega rich French people and businesses that they want to put into this specific project. That is their choice. They probably feel that a proportion of their taxes already goes into humanitarian projects and a large proportion of that is wasted or ends up in the wrong hands.
Marian

Post by Marian »

True Selly, but these mega rich are also receiving tax benefits too.

Marian