Thin end ..??

Anything that needs some thought before replying should go in here.
camionpilot

Thin end ..??

Post by camionpilot »

Wonder if the rest of the EU might think about implementing this type of scheme ..?? :halo:

Restaurants, bars and cinemas may turn customers away if they have not had a Covid jab, the new minister for the mass vaccine roll-out suggested tonight.

Nadhim Zahawi indicated that although an injection would be voluntary, some venues – including sports grounds – might insist on proof of one in return for granting entry.

The minister said individuals would have to decide for themselves but would be given the 'strong message' that jabs were good for their family, community and country.

Airlines have already been examining the idea of asking for 'immunity passports' as a condition of flying.

Some experts tonight said they were uneasy about such schemes and raised concerns over data privacy and human rights.

The UK has put in orders for early access to 357million doses of seven coronavirus vaccines. And on a visit to a pharmaceutical company yesterday Boris Johnson said it was possible that one of the jabs could be available 'in a few weeks'.

The imminent prospect of a huge vaccination drive raises questions over whether those waiting for a jab – or refusing to have one – will enjoy fewer freedoms than those who have protection. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said last night: 'For a long time now we've been looking at the questions that Mr Zahawi was talking about and the question of what's the impact on the individual in terms of what they can do.'

MPs will today give their verdict on the Prime Minister's new coronavirus tiers. Although the plans are likely to pass, Mr Johnson is facing a revolt from Tories angry about the stringent restrictions.

Would curb our lycra wearing bike riders freedom ..!! :lol: :lol:

Now where would he go to surp and slup ...???
Selhurst

Re: Thin end ..??

Post by Selhurst »

There are no real data privacy issues. If you don’t want to declare whether you have had the vaccine or not you don’t have to travel, attend music or sporting events etc.
Regarding human rights, what is a bigger breach - requiring people to prove they are not a danger to others who will be in close proximity to them or keeping everyone under restricted freedoms because of a minority who decide not to be vaccinated?
camionpilot

Post by camionpilot »

You tell me ..??
crummy

Post by crummy »

According to the BBC..

"There are no plans to introduce a "vaccine passport" to give people access to places such as pubs and restaurants once a coronavirus jab becomes available, says Michael Gove.

The Cabinet Office minister told the BBC: "That's not the plan"

So I'll give it a fortnight until the backtrack..

... :-D
It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.
blanco

Post by blanco »

...pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc,may decide among themselves to only allow admittance with a valid proof of vaccination...doesn't need the governent to require it.

If they think it will give other customers more confidence then I see nothing wrong with it.
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

camionpilot wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:34 am You tell me ..??
To my mind it is clearly worse to have to impose restriction on the freedoms of the majority than to penalise the minority for the choice they have made.
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

With fake everything being available these days, how reliable will a Covid Passport be?
Though I would be in favour of making people prove they’d had the vaccine. If that is possible.
Carlsberg, probably the worst password in the World.