porting

Please suggest anything you like in here. But don't be offended by the responses!
nigelandkath

porting

Post by nigelandkath »

can you port over the posts from MCF there is a wealth of info that will be lost if not.
Bridgie

Re: porting

Post by Bridgie »

I think that question had been asked, and that Jefe said it was not possible, I’m sure he will respond.. I do agree that there is a lot of good information we could lose....

Marian
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

Copy n paste as much as possible
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

It is complicated. If we were going to do it the time to copy the database was at launch.

A few people thought a fresh start was better and I have to say I tended to agree. It's too late now, I think.
Selhurst

Post by Selhurst »

Could you not lock the old site to new posts but leave it there and put a link on the new one so people can easily go back and search it for info! Then in a year, when this site has been well populated you could take down the old site.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

A good idea that Selly. I have disabled the old board so no-one can login and search, but I think I can re-enable it but lock it for posting meaning you should be able to login in and search. When I've got 10 minutes I'll see if I can sort it out.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

I have asked the people who supply the software if merging databases can be done and the answer was "it's not easy" which is techie speak for "forget it".

Even with Rocker & his Computer Clubs combined experience it will be a non-starter I'm afraid.
Sire Harley Benton

Post by Sire Harley Benton »

Are you sure you're not underestimating Rockerbilly's capabilities Jefe ? :shades: :camp:
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Quite sure Harley......
Rockerbilly

Post by Rockerbilly »

Sire Harley Benton wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 pm Are you sure you're not underestimating Rockerbilly's capabilities Jefe ? :shades: :camp:
Harley, don't ask him questions above his pay grade :shades: