Should we

Chat away in here about (almost) anything. Less heavily moderated than the other sections.
Vino

Re: Should we

Post by Vino »

freddo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 am Thats why we live here in Spain
No " Bandito's in Spain freddo ?
freddo

Post by freddo »

Not as many as UK and most in Spain seem to be fellow Brits
adamlenton

Post by adamlenton »

freddo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am Not as many as UK and most in Spain seem to be fellow Brits
You seem to have forgotten all the corrupt officials. They are all Spanish.
crummy

Post by crummy »

adamlenton wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 am
freddo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am Not as many as UK and most in Spain seem to be fellow Brits
If only the Spanish officials were as clean as in the UK.. like the post office officials.

It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.
Vino

Post by Vino »

Funny that, I know more people in Spain that have been robbed or burgled than in the UK.
My wife was mugged, my daughter had her purse stolen at the market.
My neighbours in Spain. One was robbed by gunpoint at a petrol station, the other was burgled.and the guy behind my place was shot and killed.
That's just a few !
Nobody I know in the UK has had any of the above ?
However the UK government do a pretty good job at robbing us blind . 😬
adamlenton

Post by adamlenton »

crummy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am
adamlenton wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 am
If only the Spanish officials were as clean as in the UK.. like the post office officials.

I wasn't saying thd UK wasn't corrupt, but replying to freddos comment about not many in Spain and most are Brits.

When I lived there for nearly 20 years I came across dishonest solicitors, council employees and local government officials.

I was sold an illegal house, Valencia took all the taxes and a couple of years later said it was illegal and they were never informed. Yet they took 25000 in taxes for the purchase.

I was also broken into 3 times over the years.

Was pickpocketed in Barcelona and Torre market.

Threatened in my car when in a lay-by.

Sorry crummy but for me Spain was corrupt from top to bottom.

I echo everything Vino said.
crummy

Post by crummy »

Don't be sorry Adam... I only speak as I find.

I have been here 14 years and only know three people who have been robbed or otherwise a victim (and in my opinion two of those could have been avoided with a little forethought). No one I know has been the victim of fraud as far as I know.

However, I suppose it depends where you live.

It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.