CL@VE (CLAVE) - Electronic Identity Confirmation

This section is for posting useful information on how to obtain goods and services in Spain.
It is also for requesting information on how to obtain goods and services in Spain
Hose B

CL@VE (CLAVE) - Electronic Identity Confirmation

Post by Hose B »

Most of the official National and Local Government Agencies hold lots of information about us, and, with Spain being pretty joined up IT wise, you can access this information online.

All you need is a form of electronic identification so that the website is sure that the person, who is trying to access the information, is the person to whom the information belongs.

They powers that be have come up with a perfect system; it is called CLAVE written CL@VE. Clave is Spanish for Key, Code, or Password.

Once you are registered you can visit the website of your choice, login using CL@VE, a code and a password will be sent to your mobile phone which you then key into the website page.

You can then access your personal information held within the website.

Which Agencies Can You Access Using CL@VE?

Diputación de Alicante – SUMA, to access your IBI, or local taxes, on your car and house. To see all your payments to date, outstanding bills, and payment of bills etc.

AEAT (Agencía Estatal de Administración Tributária) or Spanish Tax Agency; sometimes called Hacienda. You can file a tax return, view previously filed returns etc.

DGT (Direction Generál de Tráfico) affectionately known as Traffico. Check for speeding fines or pay them, update personal details etc.

SEDE Electrónico del Catastro (Land registry), see a visual representation of your property including all registered extensions, look up cadastral values etc.

Gobierno de España (Spanish Government) access to all the departments available in the official website www.administración.gob.es

This list is only a small part of agencies you can access with CL@VE.

How do I get a CL@VE?

Go to this website http://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/en/clave/comenzar.html

Click on the link Cl@ve ocasional (Cl@ve PIN)

Either

Download the app onto your mobile, you can find it in your app store or Google play.

Enter your NIE number
Enter the Date when your NIE number was issued
Accept the issued code (código) or enter another of your choice
Click the send button

You will then receive the code and pin number needed to access the websites

Or

Choose to use the Internet by clicking on the link Cl@ve PIN

Check the box No deseo usar la aplicación para dispositivos móviles
Enter your NIE Number
Enter the Date when your NIE number was issued
(leave the ¿Permanente? Box unchecked)
Accept the issued code (código) or enter another of your choice

Click Obtener PIN

You will then be sent a letter through the post, this is to make sure it only goes to the registered address, with your PIN number

The Spanish Firefighters second son
The Spanish Firefighters second son
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Re: CL@VE (CLAVE) - Electronic Identity Confirmation

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Cheers. I'm trying to get a background check certificate done but I can't. It would appear a fee needs to be paid. Can I somehow hook my Clave to my bank account or do I need to pay the taxes manually, which would somehow seem to make the whole situation pointless?