El Gallego Steak restaurant

Want to review a restaurant? Please make sure everything is factually correct!
Chrisdee

El Gallego Steak restaurant

Post by Chrisdee »

Wanted to book a table for next week at El Gallego but it's closed until 16th due to decorating/holidays. Is there anywhere else that does a steak as good as this place or even close? I would like a decent selection of steak. Thank for any tips
Sandra331

Re: El Gallego Steak restaurant

Post by Sandra331 »

You could try Los Caracoles, on the corner almost diagonally opposite the Asia Chinese, in Pilar. Steaks not quite as big but I think there may be a family connection. Bodegon la Peña, also in Pilar used to be the steak place to go to before Gallego came on the scene. I think it’s in C/Benidorm, bear the rambla with the path that goes right down to the beach.
Chrisdee

Post by Chrisdee »

Thank you, we've been to Caracles but wasn't keen. If no better options come up we shall go to the one on the beach at Camp mor, thank you though. It's so annoying as we wanted to show some family El Gallego and they go back on 11th
Sire Harley Benton

Post by Sire Harley Benton »

The Tavern in San Miguel have a good reputation for their steak nights.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

The owners of the Gallego have another place over the road but I know nothing about it I'm afraid.
Chrisdee

Post by Chrisdee »

We ended up at Portico del Mar in Guardamar. I've never been there before but found it very nice, if you've been before, apparently it hasn't changed in the last 10 years but for a first timer it was great and very good value. We all opted for the menu of the day (lunch 4.30) and found it excellent. The only downside was we could not pay on a card as the machine wasn't working so I had to dig out all the loose change in the bottom of my handbag, along with fluff and sticky sweets!
JonCon

Post by JonCon »

Yes, Portico Mar is excellent, as long as you don't mind a chorus of "Happy Birthday to you" every five minutes, :-D
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer - ain't it all a bloomin shame.
It doesn't matter who you vote for the bloody politicians always get in.
paulwps

Post by paulwps »

El Gallego, have taken next door over, now twice the size.