Air show

Chat away in here about (almost) anything. Less heavily moderated than the other sections.
Vino

Air show

Post by Vino »

San Javier Air Show on May 5th !
Don't miss it.
Ok not as good as the Red Arrows, but well worth a look.
stowie39

Re: Air show

Post by stowie39 »

Thanks for posting this.

Reading their web site it's from 3rd - 5th May .According to Daves Coaches, who are running a trip there, best day is the 4th

As an ex RAF it's stirred my interest, and we've just tried to book motorhome parking close by for the weekend, probably to late but will see.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

stowie39 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:07 pm Thanks for posting this.

Reading their web site it's from 3rd - 5th May .According to Daves Coaches, who are running a trip there, best day is the 4th

As an ex RAF it's stirred my interest, and we've just tried to book motorhome parking close by for the weekend, probably to late but will see.
There are two places you could try, one right on the beach behind the airport and another about a mile from the beach. Let me know if you need any help, I live in San Jsvier
stowie39

Post by stowie39 »

Jefe 24/7 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm
stowie39 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:07 pm Thanks for posting this.

There are two places you could try, one right on the beach behind the airport and another about a mile from the beach. Let me know if you need any help, I live in San Jsvier
Thanks for that Jefe.

I actually know both of them very well, we only live in Punta Prima and come down to the area often because of the dog beach at Los Alcazares. We just thought it would be nice to stop over but if they are full, which I suspect will be the case, we will just do a day trip and go home after.

There is also a free Aires open now in Los Alcazares in what was the old bus terminal but on a weekend like this will fill really quickly, so would prefer to have something definitive.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Okey dokey!
stowie39

Post by stowie39 »

And we're in, booked onto Los Alcazares area de sutiocaravanas - looking forward to it.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Nice one. The show in 2006 was immense, they seem to have been smaller since then.
stowie39

Post by stowie39 »

Well we made it, and what a great day and location, loads of people on the beach front and promenade of Santiago de Ribero.

Only realised this morning we were heading for the wrong area initially so a quick 3 mile bike ride down the coast for us.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

stowie39 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:30 pm Well we made it, and what a great day and location, loads of people on the beach front and promenade of Santiago de Ribero.

Only realised this morning we were heading for the wrong area initially so a quick 3 mile bike ride down the coast for us.
I was a bit (well, a lot!) underwhelmed. It was billed as the biggest airshow in Europe this year and I was expecting lots of noisy fast jets. Instead I got a bunch of propeller planes, loud music and an over enthusiastic compere. I left before the end as I see the Eagles three or four times a week.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it, the location is fab.