Still they prescribe this dangerous pain killer

Chat away in here about (almost) anything. Less heavily moderated than the other sections.
derekbroad

Still they prescribe this dangerous pain killer

Post by derekbroad »

Carlsberg, probably the worst password in the World.
crummy

Re: Still they prescribe this dangerous pain killer

Post by crummy »

Without knowing all the details it is hard to judge.
All tablets can have side effects and every person is different but it looks like more research needs to be done here.
It would be useful to know how many tablets have been dispensed and how many deaths there have been directly attributed to this medication.

I was given a skin cream prescribed by a dermatologist. My skin went bright red in two days... then peeled off in sheets...but I have no doubts for hundreds or maybe thousands of people it would have been okay...I was one of the unlucky ones..
But more research seems indicated here.
It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

crummy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:34 pm Without knowing all the details it is hard to judge.
All tablets can have side effects and every person is different but it looks like more research needs to be done here.
It would be useful to know how many tablets have been dispensed and how many deaths there have been directly attributed to this medication.

I was given a skin cream prescribed by a dermatologist. My skin went bright red in two days... then peeled off in sheets...but I have no doubts for hundreds or maybe thousands of people it would have been okay...I was one of the unlucky ones..
Would you take Nolotil, Crummy?
freddo

Post by freddo »

More about the medicine
Metamizole (also known as dipyrone) is an analgesic medicine (painkiller) that can also relieve fever
and muscle spasm. It has been used for many decades in the EU by mouth, as suppositories or by
injection, to treat severe pain and fever that cannot be controlled with other treatments.
Metamizole-containing medicines are available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic,
Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain. They are marketed under a variety of names including Algifen,
Algifen Neo, Algi-Mabo, Algoblock, Algocalmin, Algopyrin, Algozone, Alindor, Alkagin, Alvotor,
Amizolmet, Analgin, Benalgin, Benlek, Berlosin, Buscapina Compositum, Dialgin, Dolocalma, Flamborin,
Freshalgin, Gardan, Generalgin, Hexalgin, Litalgin, Locamin, Metagelan, Metalgial, Metamilan,
Metamistad, Metapyrin, Metarapid, Nevralgin, Nodoryl, Nolotil, Novalgin, Novalgina, Novalgine,
Novaminsulfon, Novocalmin, Panalgorin, Parakofdal, Piafen, Piralgin, Proalgin, Pyralgin, Pyralgina,
Quarelin, Scopolan Compositum, Spasmalgon, Spasmoblok, Tempalgin and Tempimet.
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

More than 30 countries in the world in whose territory the use of dipyrone is banned, including Canada, the United States, and England, demonstrate that this medicine is not only unnecessary, but potentially harmful to health.
crummy

Post by crummy »

derekbroad wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:41 pm
crummy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:34 pm Without knowing all the details it is hard to judge.

Would you take Nolotil, Crummy?
As I said more information would be useful.

Does one tablet kill you?
Does i
Would I stop taking it if I felt ill after a week?
Would I even know I was taking it?
If I was so ill I needed it, would I stop it myself with no alternative?..

Yes,I might take it but I would check with the doc first.. and if he said I needed it I would monitor myself darefully (as I do with any medication)
It's not just the company you keep, but the company you keep away from by which you are judged.
adamlenton

Post by adamlenton »

When we were half living in Spain some years ago it was prescribed for my wife, and she always asks me to check on any medicine.
I found out then that she should not have been prescribed it as their was a directive issued back in 2018 that said it should not be for Brit holidaymakers or ex pats. We were classified as holidaymakers at the time and the Dr just ignored the directive.
She did not take it.
Vino

Post by Vino »

One man's medicine is another man's poison.
I'm allergic to Penicillin.
I needed antibiotics in Spain,
in England you would normally get a course lasting a few days, in Spain I got one suppository..😱😱
It worked !
derekbroad

Post by derekbroad »

adamlenton wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm When we were half living in Spain some years ago it was prescribed for my wife, and she always asks me to check on any medicine.
I found out then that she should not have been prescribed it as their was a directive issued back in 2018 that said it should not be for Brit holidaymakers or ex pats. We were classified as holidaymakers at the time and the Dr just ignored the directive.
She did not take it.
Reading the available information, that would be plenty to deter me from taking this medication, particularly so, as there are plenty of alternatives.