ALFIE EVANS

Chat away in here about (almost) anything. Less heavily moderated than the other sections.
barnsleylass

ALFIE EVANS

Post by barnsleylass »

What a shame this little chap has now passed but looking at the other side its difficult to imagine what sort of life he would have had I suppose we have to go with the professionals RIP little man out of pain xx
barnsleylass

Re: ALFIE EVANS

Post by barnsleylass »

This has gone on twice by accident and cant delete one xsorry
Chrisdee

Post by Chrisdee »

What would have been the point keeping him going, there was no point.
Old boy

Post by Old boy »

It would seem as though the poor mite contracted a degenerative brain disease that the doctors were positive would never be reversed. As it was, the little lad was unable to adequately breathe for himself, and once the machine was turned off on Monday or Tuesday, the parents were having to administer artificial respiration by way of mouth to mouth constantly.

In addition, he had no ability to move and was unable to take sustenance by mouth, and had been fed by tube. His life would have been to just lie there in a vegetative state staring into the air without seeing anything. And the doctors were convinced that what little was left of his brain function would also fail.

That is not a life.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Agree Old Boy. Sad though it is and much loved as he no doubt was, this was always inevitable.
JonCon

Post by JonCon »

Jefe 24/7 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm Agree Old Boy. Sad though it is and much loved as he no doubt was, this was always inevitable.
Agreed Jefe, one has to feel for his parents because in their position I don't know if I could cope.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer - ain't it all a bloomin shame.
It doesn't matter who you vote for the bloody politicians always get in.
King of kings

Post by King of kings »

....And the abuse and threats aimed at the staff at Alderhay is absolutely appaling
paulwps

Post by paulwps »

King of kings wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 am ....And the abuse and threats aimed at the staff at Alderhay is absolutely appaling
:that:

Thats twice now,wow
I must be getting soft in my old age.
George

Post by George »

I disagree. Why not let the parents try anything and everything possible.

Doctors don't always know best.

Remember Ashya King. Parents were refused by hospital, they kidnapped him, arrested etc etc.

Ashya King is now clear of cancer, no thanks to the the doctors and UK courts, but thanks to the parents who never gave up.

Strange the courts refuse everyone someone wants the right to die, yet ensure it happens in this case.
Old boy

Post by Old boy »

Unfortunately, I believe that the Alfie situation was very similar in some respects to the the previous case of the baby last year.

Doctors from overseas, who have never seen the children nor seen their latest scans or test results, are giving false hope to the parents of these children. In last year's case, when the consultant from America, who had previously said that he could treat the baby, was finally persuaded to come to the UK, almost immediately said that there was nothing that he could do and that the baby shouldn't travel to the States.

The same seems to apply with Alfie. A doctor in Italy who has never examined the baby thinks that he can treat the baby, but without seeing all the data.

It's tragic, but it's time that medical professionals from abroad stopped making claims without actually seeing the patient.